Hands-On Digital Engagement Session – 2019 FIA Science Stakeholders Meeting
Hands-on data delivery demonstrations: maps, web interfaces, tools, apps, or dashboards that expand how FIA data is shared with potential clients.
The 2019 FIA Science Stakeholders meeting will again present the opportunity to interact with over 25 different science products (along with the authors/developers). The products will range from digital applications intended to help with efficient planning to tools designed to increase the safety of field-going employees.
What will be expected of and provided to each author:
- The session will be 2 hours long and authors are expected to be near their assigned station(s) during most of that time in order to maximize interaction with interested individuals.
- Each author will be provided space on one-half of a 6-foot table to utilize during the session (*except were special circumstances have been granted by the meeting organizers).
- Each author will be expected to provide their own laptop.
- Each author will be provided a 24-inch monitor and power. HDMI cables will be provided and is the preferred input. VGA port cables and some HDMI-DisplayPort converters will be available for use.
- Each author will be provided with access to the internet wirelessly. Authors are encouraged to bring their own “hotspots” if needed for intensive web-based applications.
- Authors are encouraged, if appropriate, to bring handout material that will help users locate applications after the meeting.
- Food (hors d’oeuvres) and beverages will be served during the session.