What better way is there to see a city you are visiting than by going on a run? Going on a run with locals!
Despite having a population of fewer than 200,000, Knoxville has a large and very active track club, with social runs almost every day. Below is a list of run meet-ups convenient to the conference. Additional group runs (most will require transport) can be found at https://865running.com/
In late November there will be little daylight outside of the conference meeting time. For additional safety (and local knowledge) e-mail Kerry Dooley, your approximate pace and desired distance, and she will try to pair you up with a member of the running group who is of similar pace. Bring lights and headlamps if you have them!
- Monday, November 18th: 18:00, Balter Beerworks, 100 S Broadway (0.5 miles from Hilton)
- Monday, November 18th: 18:30, Alliance Brewing Co., 1130 Sevier Ave (1.3 miles from Hilton)
- Tuesday, November 19th (note this run overlaps with the beginning of the digital engagement): 18:00PM, Crafty Bastard, 6 Emory Place (1 mile from Hilton)
- Wednesday, November 20th: 18:30PM, Shulz Brau, 126 Bernard Ave (1.4 miles from Hilton)
- Wednesday, November 20th: 19:30P, Merchants of Beer, 137 S. Central St (0.6 miles from Hilton)
- Thursday, November 21st: 18:00, Eddie’s Health Shoppe, 155 Union Ave. (2 blocks from Hilton)
- Thursday, November 21st: 18:00, YMCA, 605 W Clinch Ave (1 block from Hilton)
- USDA Forest Service International Programs Social – Wednesday, November 20 – Details will be announced soon.
- End-of-Meeting Social – Thursday November 21 – Maple Hall – Details will be announced soon.
- Pre-Meeting International Scientific Exchange – Monday, November 18 – Invitation Only
- DATIM Pre-Meeting Training Session – Monday, November 18 – Details will be announced soon.
Working Group Meet-ups
- North American Forest Commission – Inventory & Monitoring Working Group – Details will be announced soon.